It's the thing, I guess....

11.28.2006

Holiday Spirit

It's officially the holiday season now. We received our first Christmas card in the mail today. Many of our neighbors have their outdoor holiday decorations up. And the busiest shopping day of the year has passed (I only went to one store during that day).

For some reason, though, I just can't seem to get in the holiday mood. I think it's taken me longer this year than any other to put up the holiday decorations. So far I've been working on it for 4 days, and am still not done yet (trust me, we don't have that many things to put up-it's just procrastination). I also haven't even started writing my Christmas cards yet.

I've been on jury duty this week, and have had an irregular schedule. For the past 4 days I've been working evenings (and it's been very busy at work). In fact, Sunday night I worked till 10:30pm, then Monday morning I had to go in for jury duty at 9am. Then I had to work my normal job in the evening from 3-11pm (although I ended up staying until midnight since we were so busy). Luckily today I had the day off, but didn't get much done as I slept more than half the day. Tomorrow I go in at 1pm for more jury duty (even though it's my only other day off from my normal job this week). I don't find out what my schedule is Thursday until tomorrow evening (ie, if I have to go for jury duty or work my normal job shift from 7am-3pm).

I don't think I do well with erratic scheduling. I haven't been able to eat well, don't feel like exercising, have had bad headaches all week, and haven't been sleeping well. I guess you do what you have to, though, to get things done.

Maybe tomorrow while I'm sitting in the jury room, I'll start writing Christmas cards.

1 Comments:

At 9:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol ... i really like today's avatar, though the dog looks like dagney. :( at least jury duty is only for a week.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home