It's the thing, I guess....

11.01.2006

Rat Poison

I never realized how certain toxic substances could be so cyclical. For example, around Valentine's day and Halloween we get a lot of calls about candy and chocolate (big surprise). August (aka start of the school year) we get tons of calls about ADHD drugs. At the beginning of summer, it seemed that stimulants and weight loss drugs were slighly more common. And over the last 2 weeks, at least half of my calls at work are about rat poison. In fact, yesterday I only had 3 calls that were not about rat poison.

ATTENTION PEOPLE: please keep the rat poison outside, and keep your pets away from it. I am not a mind reader, and can't tell the type of rat poison based on it's appearance. Why do you keep trying to describe it to me? Also, when your pet gets into it, don't panic. The pet is not going to die immediately from it. Give me a chance to help you before wailing about how you've killed your pet.

Grrr....

1 Comments:

At 8:29 AM, Blogger Swany said...

wait.... but what if your pet IS a rat? : )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home