It's the thing, I guess....

9.17.2006

Dagny Update

This post is more for Amy, Ben and Bryn than anyone.

Now that things have settled down around the house, Dagny is doing pretty well. Although we still have the guinea pig, Dagny had relinquished complete control of the office where the pig is living and now allows the other dogs to visit the pig as well.

She also successfully made another trip to stay with my parents, and did much better this time. Last time she stayed there, she had issues with my mother. This time, the adjustment went well. She only escaped from my parent's control once, and this time it wasn't entirely her fault. Last time she darted out of the house 2 or 3 times. This time my parents were prepared and had a second tie out rope that reached inside the house, so she could be attached prior to being let outside. The only incident occurred when Dagny's collar broke (the plastic attachment cracked in half), and Dagny didn't end up running too far before returning to my parent's house on her own. That reminds me...I need to go get her a new collar.

Just as we're getting rid of one temporary foster pet, we're going to gain another. The guinea pig (which belongs to Chuck's sister), will be going home finally tomorrow. My parents are leaving for vacation in a few weeks, however, and will be giving us their dog for a week. That'll make it 4 dogs and 2 cats in the house. Should be fun!

Dagny checking out the guinea pig, Calvin, on my desk


Dagny preparing to test the waters with Dave at the lake house


Dagny making a leap for the stick Chuck is throwing


Dagny fetching a stick from the water

1 Comments:

At 4:49 PM, Blogger amypfan said...

Oh I miss her!! It sounds like she's having fun with Calvin at least, at hopefully enjoying you, Chuck, and the other dogs as well. I will be SO GLAD when our house is done and we can take her back and finally get settled instead of being in transition all the time. They have the first floor and most of the second flooor framed for our new house, so I guess that means we're moving forward at a pretty good rate. Anyway, sounds like Dag is being a stinker with the running away; she and her sister both like that trick, although Tela comes back when you call for her and Dagny often does not. Thank you again a million times over for doing this!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home