It's the thing, I guess....

8.22.2006

Making more waves

Ok...so maybe I underestimated the impact that one little guinea pig would have in the house. It's not exactly been smooth sailing since I last posted. Dagny has claimed Calvin as her own (I guess in case he escapes, maybe he'll make a tasty treat...hmmm...better not go down that road).

She has been guarding the office where Calvin is now housed, and will not let the other dogs near that area. She even tried to attack Macy when they were both standing by the door to the office. I heard this awful growling/snarling noise while I was brushing my teeth, came running out of the bathroom, and attempted to help Chuck separate the dogs while holding my toothbrush in one had (toothpaste sure does make a mess on the carpet). Luckily no harm done to anyone (human or pet) involved.

I decided the best course of action was to start crating Dagny once again-all the dogs have been doing so well together that I haven't crated Dagny for quite some time, and now I'm taking Macy to work with me every day. This worked out well today, but when I let Dagny back out, she figured out how to jump onto my desk to reach the top shelf in order to have contact with the pig.

So now I'm busy coming up with plan "C". I'm hoping it's just a matter of time, and am going to wait it out. Any other suggestions?

The guinea pig leaves in T-minus 25 days and counting....

1 Comments:

At 4:02 PM, Blogger amypfan said...

I think she will calm down when she gets used to it. She was really protective like that when the baby first arrived and then calmed down after a few days. (Although reasoning that out does make me think that her behavior with the baby was less cute, if she treats a guinea pig the same way....)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home