It's the thing, I guess....

6.01.2006

The saga continues....

Grr....I have spent all day trying to take care of my stupid eye problem. Good thing I wasn't scheduled to work today. Here's how the day went:
8am: Doctor's appointment. Verdict: Nothing serious is wrong but I have to use steroid eye drops and not wear my contacts for a week. I have a follow up appointment next week.

8:30am: Call my optometrist office. They don't open until 9. Go to Panera and buy a drink. They give me the wrong drink first, then to compensate give me both drinks (woot!).

9:15am: Go to optometrist office. Spend 30-45 minutes deciding on glasses. Go to pay for said glasses and am told they won't be ready for a week. Leave optometrist office without glasses.

10:30am: Sit at computer for 20 minutes researching places I can go that will have the glasses ready today and accept my insurance. I was unable to find a place that fulfilled both requirements. End up deciding on Lenscrafters due to internet coupons.

11am: Go to Lenscrafters. Spend 30-45 minutes deciding on glasses. Go to pay for said glasses, and am told they need my prescription from the first place faxed over. I was told it would take at least 1 hour for the prescription to be faxed over as it was the lunch hour.

12:15pm: Have a pedicure done while waiting for prescription to be faxed over.

1:30pm: Go to lenscrafters. Spend 30 minutes waiting for someone to take my payment for my glasses. Buy the glasses. Told to come back in 1 hour to pick the glasses up.

3:30pm: Pick up glasses.

So, all in all, it took me 7.5 hrs to have my eyes examined and buy glasses. What a waste of a day off.

1 Comments:

At 8:08 AM, Blogger Swany said...

well, on the bright side - at least you can see now! : )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home