It's the thing, I guess....

2.27.2006

Hate being sick

This was kind of a rough weekend, especially with Chuck out of town. Started out not so good, with the incident with dogs Friday night. Saturday I had work all day starting at 10am, so I did not get as much sleep as I had hoped Friday night. Work was really busy-phones ringing off the hook. I managed to catch the last 5 minutes or so of the Illini basketball game at home, then a friend came to pick me up for dinner. Had a nice dinner (but very expensive-Andrew, I still owe you money) at a newer restaurant in downtown Champaign, then went to a bar for the rest of the night. Drank way more than I'm used to (usually I'm the driver) and stayed out later than I probably should have since I had to work Sunday at 10am as well.

Sunday morning was kinda rough. Woke up at 6 feeling sick, drank water, went back to sleep. Alarm went off at 8:30 to get me up for work...head still feeling very muddy. Work was painful-very hard to multitask with phones, talking and computers when you can't string more than 3 coherent sentences together in a row. The whole day was pretty much like that. Didn't feel like eating. Evening went a little better-went over to Andrew's house for chili and a game, but was very chilled all evening. By the time I went to bed last night, I had a bad headache and a hard time swallowing because my throat hurt so bad.

Woke up today....yep, I've caught a cold (head hurts, dizzy, throat hurts...generally miserable)...maybe my feeling bad yesterday was only a little bit hangover, and a little bit getting sick. Sucks that I have to drive to Peoria today for dinner with my husband and his family. Oh well...you do what you have to.

2 Comments:

At 4:21 PM, Blogger Eves said...

Sorry to hear you're sick - hope you feel better soon!

 
At 7:11 PM, Blogger Crissy said...

Yeah, me too....still feel crappy today but I did go in to work. At least it's a desk job.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home