It's the thing, I guess....

2.15.2006

Sign of Spring

I realize that this post is probably a little premature (since it's still the middle of February), but without all the cold weather and snow we normally have this time of year, I saw a sign of spring today. Outside my place of work is a small green sprout of some unidentified plant. It's not much, and most likely a weed of some sort that does well when the sun's out and the weather's warmed up just a little, but it made me remember when I lived in England and made me smile.

The area where I lived in England was more temperate than central Illinois. It was rare to get snow (when we did, all the traffic would stop because no one knew how to drive in it, even if there was only 1/4 inch), and usually by early-mid February the spring crocuses were starting to pop up. Spring is my favorite time of year, and I always get excited when it comes around.

Too bad the weather is supposed to turn colder once more this weekend.

I'll post a picture of it once I figure out how to post pictures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home