It's the thing, I guess....

1.18.2006

GRRRRR!!!!!!!!!

After much anticipation, my wireless card came today. We're talking months (2-3 to be exact) of waiting until I had a job and could afford to buy one. Then I had to wait a week once it was ordered to receive it. I could just picture it....no longer having to be isolated to the office by myself to access the internet. No more arguing or begging or pleading with Chuck to use his laptop in the living room to look up random facts or check email. No more worrying I would "break" Chuck's laptop as I normally do to all things computer.

So the card gets put in. The computer gets restarted. The airport gets turned on. And (drum roll, please...) N-O-T-H-I-N-G happens. Nada. Zip. Zero internet access via the wireless network. I remain calm. Restart computer. It boots up. Still no internet access. I change settings, run diagnostic test cd, restart. Still nothing. I zap the p-ram, reboot. Still no internet. I start cursing and making threats to my computer, reboot. Still nothing.

At this point I'm ready to throw my computer across the room as hard as possible-maybe that'll show my stupid computer who's in charge. I walk away....cool down....and come to the realization that I'm just not meant to access the internet with a wireless card on this computer. Damn.

3 Comments:

At 8:02 AM, Blogger Swany said...

i gotta say Crissy - i have known you for a while now, and lived in a 10 by 10 foot dorm-cubicle with you.... and you getting mad at your computer is a SCARY thing. ; )

everybody RUN FOR COVER!!!!!!!!

 
At 8:48 AM, Blogger Eves said...

Not to really play devil's advocate, but maybe it's the wireless card, and not necessarily the computer? (Just trying to give you something else to throw across the room.)

 
At 9:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Definately wasn't the wireless cards (either new or old). Both worked fine in my lampshade at work. Funny thing though.... after I had the new card working in my work computer, I put it back in her laptop and it worked fine. I didn't change anything, except reroute the wire... I'm wondering if there was a pinched wire to the antenna or maybe a loose connection. Oh well, it seems to be working for now.

-MC

 

Post a Comment

<< Home