It's the thing, I guess....

3.20.2007

Stress

Chuck and I are trying to get our house ready to sell. It seems like a straightforward plan: get the painting done, clean the house, clear it out, put a for sale sign in the yard, then buy a new house. Who knew all this could be so stressful. Trying to find a decent realtor, worrying about actually selling the house and getting the price we want so we can buy our ideal new house, looking at new houses, deciding on whether or not to bid on the new house, worrying that it's going to cost too much and we won't be able to get enough money from our old house for the new house, and so on. As you can see, I've been thinking about this a lot lately. So much in fact (on top of worrying that I'm not going to be able to get all the painting/cleaning done in time) that it's starting to cut into my sleep.

To make matters worse, work is slightly stressful right now as well. I'm still trying to help write the paper, and haven't made nearly as much progress as I'd like. Also, with the pet food recall and normal increase in call volume this time of year, I hardly have time to think about my cases until either my dinner break or after work-despite having 2hrs where I am not answering the phone, I have still been averaging 29 calls a shift. Since I get off from work, come home and try to go right to bed (I generally have been working till 11pm), I end up dreaming about work. In fact, I can't recall a night this week that I didn't dream I was on the phones working up cases-not good for getting a peaceful night's sleep.

I just keep telling myself that all the stress will be over soon, and it'll be worth it.

1 Comments:

At 7:15 AM, Blogger amypfan said...

Good luck selling the house! I know what a huge pain that can be. If any of your dogs and/or cats need a place to camp out while you show the house, we owe you one. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home