It's the thing, I guess....

12.12.2005

Weekend in Michigan

We went to Michigan this weekend to visit my relatives for Christmas. It was really nice to see everyone, especially since I hadn't seen most of them since my cousin's wedding in June. I realize that I'm really not good at keeping in touch with my cousins or grandparents, or anyone else for that matter. If I don't see them, I usually don't think to write or call them, which is really unfortunate.

I also got a little surprise when I went up there-found out two more of my cousins are getting married next summer-and I thought weddings would be done for a while. One of them is my brother's age, and has been seeing his fiance for just under a year, which I have no problems with (I was actually very impressed when I met her, compared to his previous girlfriends). I have some trouble believing the my other cousin (the brother of the first one) is getting married, though. He is only 19, and has been with his girlfriend for 2-3 years (I think). He never actually proposed, either. His girlfriend just came home one day and said "We're getting married in June. I've bought my dress and everything." I don't know why, but that just disturbed me. I know I should be happy for him, but I can't help but think that it's a divorce waiting to happen. To each their own, I suppose.

1 Comments:

At 8:32 AM, Blogger Swany said...

what????? dude, that's weird.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home