It's the thing, I guess....

12.01.2005

DMB Concert

Chuck and I (and some other friends) went to the DMB concert last night. It's been a while since I've actually been to a concert-the last one was Chicago, which was a corporate sponsored concert for a veterinary convention, and even longer since I went to a concert for people closer to my own age. Thanks to a friend's sister, we were able to get student tickets the day before they went on sale, but the tickets (naturally) were in the "student section." The concert itself was pretty good (although I'm not quite as familiar with some of their newer stuff as the older stuff), but it occurred to me that most of the people around us at the concert weren't even in junior high when I first started listening to them. That started making me feel old. Then, when slower songs were played, half the people opened their cell phones to create light instead of using lighters. All around us, people were constantly on the phone or using their phones for lights, pictures, recording, etc. It's not really surprising, but it just got annoying after a while. I guess I'm just going to have to get used to it.

2 Comments:

At 9:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am totally with you on the old part... my best friend and I went to DMB early this year (when he started touring this summer), and granted, while he is still an awesome performer and doesn't disappointment, we felt old. The high school kids were all around us, most of them drunk, and wearing very little clothes (again, this was summer). But then I was trying to think back to the concerts I went to years ago, and I know there's no way I was like that. It's a completely different generation out there.

 
At 11:20 AM, Blogger Swany said...

well if you guys feel old then i guess I must feel old too! darnit! : )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home